Saturday, February 28, 2009

Treasure

I just heard of a baby in our same town, minutes away from our home, who arrived into this world with a terrible skin condition http://patriceandmattwilliams.blogspot.com/ . There are no certainties for his little life. Sean got a call from a friend just last night asking about what this condition might be - they knew the family. Stories like these break my heart right to the core. Knowing how precious our Cooper is, knowing how much we love him, I just feel so blessed - so humbled and so undeserving to have a healthy, happy child in the next room. I hope and pray that I don't miss those moments. I pray that I don't take for granted the moments when I just can't make one more block tower for Cooper to knock over. I pray that I don't get preoccupied with checking my e-mail and blogs and miss talking to him and watching him crawl/scoot around the floor. I pray that I treasure - truly treasure each moment that I have with him - and that I don't miss a thing. There are not promises for life. There are no promises for health. There are no promises for tomorrow. There are only promises of restoration, of redemption, and of a Heaven where there is no more pain, sorrow, or heartbreak.

Lord,

I pray that you help me to treasure all of the precious moments with our son. Let me not take for granted the gift that you have given us and the little life that breathes quietly in the next room. Let me take each moment and rejoice in the miracle of our son, his health, and his life.

Amen.