Sunday, November 2, 2008

Tomorrow

Tomorrow Cooper is scheduled for surgery at 7:00am at Brenner's Children's Hospital. The surgery is supposed to be outpatient, only lasting 1-2 hrs. The nurse that called Friday said that hopefully we will be on our way home by 10:00 am if everything goes well. It is supposed to be a fairly simple and common procedure, nevertheless, we do ask for and covet your prayers. Said like the fiercely protective parent that I am, "It is still surgery and it is still our little boy." Although we do know and proclaim that God is in Control, He is the Great Physician, and He knows and wants what's best for Cooper.

I will update the blog as frequently as I can tomorrow. It helps to calm and organize my own thoughts when I can see them here in black and white. Honestly, I know in my head and heart that "God's got this" but my inner sinful self is still anxious.

Specific requests:
1. Complete healing for Cooper
2. Uncomplicated surgery/anesthesia
3. Speedy recovery process/pain management
4. Ease of nerves for Sean and I
5. Rest for all tonight - including Cooper who can't eat after 2:00 am

Thanks so much for partnering with us in this walk.

2 comments:

Julie Bagamary said...

Praying with you guys. Our kids had 9 surgeries between them.

Chinchilla Family said...

i will be praying for you guys and getting online as much as i can to see the updates.