Saturday, May 3, 2008

Week 3 Milestones


I've heard from other parents that these first few weeks and months seem to fly by with an abundance of changes and milestones along the way. I have to say that it doesn't seem as if Cooper should be 3 weeks old - in just another week, he will be one month old! I am thoroughly enjoying being home with him. In my earlier post, before delivery, I was anxious about leaving work. Now, I can honestly say that work is a distant memory. My days (and nights!) are filled with this little wonder and I am loving every minute - well, maybe not the 4am minutes, but you know what I mean! He is a joy - and right now as he is sleeping peacefully and I can hear his steady breathing in the baby monitor, all seems well in the world.


This week brought more changes for Cooper. Changes that he didn't appreciate very much but something that I had been looking forward to. This week his umbilical cord finally fell off and he was able to get his first real tub bath. He screamed like we were killing him the entire time, but in the end when he was dry, snuggly, and smelling oh so good in my arms - he did let out a soft peaceful sigh. Enjoy the picture!

No comments: