Friday, May 16, 2008

Week 5



Cooper is 5 weeks old today. I realize that most, if not all of my posts have been about him and hope that you all enjoy, rather than tire of hearing about his small but yet momentous accomplishments.


When kids hit the 4 week mark, you can begin doing fun things with them such as introducing the bottle and having "tummy time". To help strengthen their neck muscles, at 4 weeks kids can begin having supervised "tummy time." The attached picture is of Cooper having "tummy time" on his play mat. Also is a clip of him playing with his discovery gym. I'm trying this to see if I can actually get a clip to work on the blog so this one may not be the best quality yet. He is really looking at and noticing things now. He's also really kicking his legs and waving his arms. He gets really excited whenever one of these movements results in one of the hanging toys moving. He doesn't quite realize the cause and effect (if he moves his arms a certain way, the thing will move) yet but it's fun watching him on this mat. I think I cut the clip off just as he was really getting excited, but you get the idea.
Parker the dog also felt the need to participate in this photo shoot. The second I got the camera out, he began trying to get in shots. Poor guy, I think he's been feeling neglected. You'll see him walking around in the background. I did take a few shots of just him so that he would feel special too :). He's still been GREAT with Cooper and has thoroughly enjoyed the steady stream of visitors - this means he gets extra pats!
Also is a picture of his first bottle. He took the bottle the first time without any problems - except that the bottle only held 4 oz. and he wanted more! Since he's been nursing, I wasn't sure how much he was actually getting - guess he's eating more than I thought!

2 comments:

ASUBttrfly said...

Happy 5 weeks Cooper! I love you!
Love to the rest of your wonderful family too:)

Mandy said...

We love reading about Cooper's growing accomplishments. Keep em coming! Perhaps soon I'll be motivated to get our blog up and running :)