Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Rainy morning

This morning was heavenly. With the pitter-patter of rain on the roof, I woke up next to my husband around 9:30 and smiled. Sean has to work this weekend so he had today off instead. Mornings like this are what dreams are made of. Cooper was still snoozing (gasp! - I guess he likes the rain too) so I lazily made my way into the living room for some "God time." While reading I heard Cooper talking and cooing in his crib - still listening to the steady rain on the roof. My time with God was only emphasized by these evidences of his goodness. "...it is the Lord who makes the storm clouds." Zechariah 10:1

We were still in our PJ's at 11:00 am as we enjoyed waffles, bacon, and Sean's most perfect hot chocolate - mmmm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Count your blessings...at 9:30 this morning I had already taken Addison to the baby sitter, had dinner brewing in the crock pot, went to work and I was getting puked on by a young patient. May God bless your time staying at home with Cooper... you are very lucky! Love ya lots!

Sis

k.mart said...

H-E-A-V-E-N-L-Y! So glad you had such a wonderful, restful morning as a fam!