Saturday, September 20, 2008

Sean update IV

Hi everyone,

Sean has had his levels checked twice today and both times his CK count has been above 50,000 still. We don't know the exact number that his levels started out as because they do not count past 50,000. So, they could have come down but are still above the 50,000 mark. Remember, normal is below 700. His legs are feeling some better today. I have personally noticed an improvement since this morning with him getting in and out of bed. His overall MB levels have come down so that is promising. Normal is between 1 and 3. His level entering the hospital was 23, last night was 13 and today was 9.

Cooper, however, is now running a low grade fever of 100.4. I am hoping and praying that it is just teeth. I gave him some children's tylenol and will be monitoring him through the night.

I want you to know how blessed that we feel to have friends like the ones that we have. We have had phone calls, visits, dinner brought to the hospital, magazines and snacks. Not to mention all the prayers on our behalf. We truly covet your prayers and feel as if we are surrounded in the arms of our saviour.

My mom and dad, who left for vacation only yesterday, came home today and my mom came down here to be with us and relieved my sister. Mom has the week off because she was planning on being on vacation so it is a blessing to us but sad that they do not get to finish their vacation. I also came home to feed Cooper today and found Sean's mom mowing our lawn and weeding our flower beds! I am so grateful to the wonderful families that both Sean and I have. They really go out of their way to show their love to us.

We love you all and are now going to try to get some rest. I spend the night at home because of Cooper's early morning feeding. Still not much luck taking a bottle. Thanks for the suggestions that have been sent to me. This might have something to do with him not feeling well too and wanting to nurse to help soothe himself. I will update again tomorrow - hopefully with better CK numbers and no fever!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that I've been reading and keeping up with you guys. You are in my thoughts and prayers! Love ya!

Mary Shriner

The Rejzer Family said...

Mills River United Methodist prayed for your family today! We love you!