Thursday, April 10, 2008

Progression

I went to the doctor today. Great News! I have progressed to 4 cm. and am 75% effaced. Labor has got to come soon! He said that I am the most dialated person in his practice - I'm not sure that is something to brag about. Sean and I felt very excited that at least we're seeing some progression. He said that labor won't be long once it comes so that is also a blessing - mom is just hoping that she makes it on time. He also officially wrote me out of work, meaning that I now have an official excuse to be home. He offered again to induce and I declined. He told me that I might be regretting my decision when real labor pains start. I probably will but I still want the experience. If I haven't had the baby by Monday, I have to go back so that they can perform a stress test on the baby to make sure that the womb is still supporting it. It's routine to do this a week after the due date. We'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Woohoo! Great news for you guys (though I'm secretly hoping the baby will wait until Sunday :)

The Rejzer Family said...

We are SO excited for you! We are saying prayers for a healthy and FAST delivery for you. We love you---CALL US!

friendbrooke at everyday blessings said...

Sean and Christa...So excited for you guys! Hope everything continues to go just like it should! Praying for you all and can't wait to hear the great news that Baby Giese is here! Love you:) Brooke