Sunday, April 13, 2008

Welcome Home



We got to come home from the hospital today. What a great feeling! It is so nice to be home! The pictures attached are of us leaving the hospital and of meeting his big furry brother, who incidentally was wearing his Big Brother bandana.


Yesterday was quite a challenge. The nurses say that it is common on the day that boys are circumcised for them to be fussy. He was more fussy yesterday than the day before and had a really rough night last night. The ONLY way that he was soothed was to be nursing which was exhausting and the nurses finally placed him in a hold with me in the bed so that he could nurse and I could sleep. We just rotated from side to side all night in the bed.


All of that said, today has been WONDERFUL. He has slept SO much better - and without having to be held or nurse all of the time. Even if he is a night owl again tonight, I feel much better to help soothe him. I was able to get a couple of naps in today in my OWN BED which has done wonders for me. My mom is also here which is a huge blessing. The plan was that she was leaving today but we asked her to stick around for at least one more day and she gladly obliged. After all, she gets more time with her new grandson. So far she has done laundry, cooked dinner, and totally took apart and cleaned my stove (I never even knew the lid would lift up). Needless to say, she is a huge blessing and help to have around. Thanks for grandparents!


We also enjoyed a visit today from my sister, brother-in-law, niece, and dad who have been here since the birth but haven't gotten to visit with much. We look forward to seeing them again soon!

3 comments:

Donna Jo said...

Hey ya'll, I was so excited to see your new bundle of joy. I know you are so busy and also very excited with each new adventure. I'm sure it has been such a help to have your family there. You have a beautiful boy. Congratulations and I love both and hope to see you maybe sometime when you come back to Waynesville to visit. Give me a call. 734-6550 -Donna G.

k.mart said...

(So, I added my comment up here in case you're too sleep deprived to see it on the post below! Ha!) Long time, friends... just happened to be checking e-mail and found your blog from the Chrysalis update... woohoo for the Giese family! Cooper is so handsome, and I know what an exhausting yet WONDERFUL time this is. May God bless you all each step of the way. To keep up with us Martins check out our blog from our profile (just started one 3 days ago for us!) As always, fly with Christ! :) Joe, Katrina, Hope, and ?

Jennifer B. and family said...

Cooper is such a handsome baby and is so lucky to have the two of you as parents....(and, of course, Parker for a big brother.) Congratulations! I can't wait to meet Cooper in person.

Love, :)

Jennifer B.