Saturday, June 28, 2008

5 Wonderful Years

So today, Sean and I celebrate our 5 year anniversary - June is a BIG month for us as far as celebrations go. Thanks to both of our parents for a night away last weekend - and thanks to my mom and dad for keeping Cooper. Even though I called a million times and had a hard time initially leaving, it was a much needed respite.

I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband. A man who was my best friend long before he became the love of my life, and who I can still say IS my best friend. A man who emphatically said to me last night when sleep deprivation and too much to do got the best of both of us, "I am committed to you forever," and I knew that he meant it. A man who still gives me butterflies.

Together, we made up this "Top 10 list" of things we have learned in the past 5 years.

10. Quality time is not just important - it's essential!

9. It's not about winning, it's about being a team.

8. We may have learned a lot about each other, but there is more to learn everyday.

7. Never leave the house without saying, "I Love You."

6. Even though we didn't think it was possible, we love each other more now than the day we said, "I do."

5. Growing indoor or outdoor plants is best left to professionals.

4. Communication stops most fights before they start.

3. Saying "I'm sorry," and forgiveness shows the love of Jesus to your spouse.

2. Find something that you enjoy doing together - and do it often!

and...

1. Never go to bed angry.

Fontana, NC - June 21-22, 2008


3 comments:

merritt said...

Happy Anniversary! What a great list. My best friend's 5th is today as well; a great day for celebrating!

k.mart said...

What a month for celebrating... happy anniversary! A beautiful list pointing straight to what makes you beautiful as a couple... your love for each other and for Jesus. Here's to many, many more!

Dr. Alfaro said...

Hi Christal, I don't know if you remember me, but I'm a friend of Brooke's and you gave me a ride to Hickory from Chrysalis once upon an eon ago... anyway, I wanted to invite you to Brooke's birthday party... we are trying to round up her friends both near and far for a surprise party... but I don't have your email address. If you want to sent it to me (along with any other Asheville friends' addresses) I'll be happy to forward an evite on to you! Thanks for your help! Kristi Alfaro